Sunday, October 5, 2008

10 promises to my dog

I just finish watch the movie 10 promises to my dog. It is a shochiku production. The story mainly about a dog (Golden Retriever) name Socks because his right hand is white color like wearing socks being adopt and accompany his master a girl name Akari. When Akari is about 14 years old, her father is a doctor and very busy on his work while her mother got illness and not survive any longer. One day, Akari discover a puppy (Young Socks) went into her the house garden (small size) and she adopt it. Later she bring the dog to see her mother in the hospital. Her mother told her the 10 promises should make to Socks (Those 10 promises i already posted previously) and Akari agree it.

Day by day, Akari very happy play with Socks until one day, she have to leave Socks to her friend house because her father being transfer to another hospital and the apartment they stay cannot adopt any dogs. Later her friend with his family went to another country and leave Socks alone at house. Socks able to run away and try to find Akari but fail and went into a train. The train driver later contact Akari father and they quickly went to train station to take Socks into their apartment silently. Then her father quit his job and open a clinic and move back to the old house. Later Akari become 23, she always enjoy with her friends and sometimes leave Socks alone in the house and let her father take care of it.

After she graduated, at the age 24, she found a job work as a zoo keeper. She leave the house and stay in the hostel nearby because the place she work is far away from her house. Socks started to feel tired and unable to move. Then Akari know it, her boss ask her to go back and she went home quickly. When she reach home and saw Socks lay on the floor, her father give her a sketch book that left by her mother and she open it and saw picture draw by her mother about 10 promises. She see it one by one.

10 Promises

1. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
2. Place your trust in me. It's crucial to my well-being.
3. Be aware that however you treat me I'll never forget.
4. Before you scold me for being lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Remember before you hit me, I have teeth that could hurt you, but that I choose not to bite you.
7. Take care of me when I get old.
8. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.
9. My life is likely to last 10 years. Any seperation from you will be painful for me.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember I love you ...

She feel sad when she see promise number 7 onwards and feel sorry to Socks because she cant fulfill it. After that, Socks past away. At the end of the story she get married with her small kid friend and END. This move really touching and a meaningful movie. Hope that to those who owned any pets know how to be responsible to their pets.

The theme song for that movie also very meaningful. It is a japanese song sing by BoA. I posted the english translation so whoever read this able to understand the meaning.

BoA - Be With You

walking next to you on this road with the sakura leaves dancing
the wind is chilly but for some reason i’m happy
one day changes into the next as we take one step after another
the time that we spend together is like second nature to me

do you remember that promise we made one day?
it’s okay that i believe that one day it’ll be fulfilled, isn’t it?
it’s the reason i’m staying here with you

coming to a standing halt, you absorb the blue sky
with a calm expression and the wind enveloping you.
a single second is really longer than it seems,
i’m sure i feel that way because you’re by my side.

do you remember that promise we made one day?
even if that promise hasn’t been fulfilled, it’s still precious so
that’s why i’m with you

it’s common belief that this era yields no hope
i’m anxious about what’s coming but because you’re here with me… (i can face it)

do you remember that promise we made one day?
one day when it’s fulfilled we’ll have forged a deeper bond and so
that is why the both of us are here

No comments: